Saturday, May 22, 2010

Or Door Number Three?

I had my life frantically set in to some semblance of an order. Until Door 3 opened up.

Instead of running back to America with my tail between my legs in mid-July, I am going to be teaching English at a summer English program/camp with Bell Amman. I will teach about the same amount of hours I do now but for WAY more money. Plus, because it's a camp, I'll be doing way more fun activities instead of teaching straight from a curriculum like I was doing this year.

The other great thing about it is that each session is three weeks long, then some days off. So I'll also have plenty of time to get in all the traveling I still need to do before I get the heck out of here.

So far, my schedule looks like this:

June 4 - 7: Go to Albania for a friend's wedding.

June 12: Last day of school at Ahliyyah.

June 13 - 16: Go to Dahab, Egypt, by myself, if I can work up the nerve. Apparently it has some spectacular snorkeling. I just have to talk myself into being braver about being a single woman in the Middle East. And, frankly, Dahab is NOT scary. Zip up your man suit and go snorkeling, Gretchen.

June 20: Start work at Bell Amman

June 25 - 26: Wadi Rum with Lena and her family

July 7 - 17: First vacation! Israel and Palestine with Lena.

July 18: Start second session at Bell Amman

August 4 - 8: Second vacation! Go to Tel Aviv.

August 19: Last day of working for Bell Amman

August 20: My birthday!

August 21 - 31: Syria and Lebanon with Heather

September 1 - 9thish: hang out in Amman with Lena

September 9thish - End of Eid: Travel with Lena

End of Eid: Go back to America for a month

Mid-October: Move to Toronto with my Jimmy and my children!

Note to self: Find job in Toronto before moving.

I'm tired just thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment